Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Two Space Guns: "Chap Mei" Friction Pistol + "Lica" Electronic Gizmo Gun


I'm not really much into Space Guns & know the real ones are tin litho wonders from years before my birth. These two were obtained in the late 90s while living in Brooklyn by a roommate who was an expert dumpster-diver + street collector. Had two dogs to walk twice a day and would find the most remarkable stuff just lying on the sidewalk.

I took a shine to the one above because it resembles the basic hand weapon from the shooter game Quake II, which we played over our LAN. Friction type action, marked "Chap Mei" whom I know of as a maker of action figures + play sets. Have searched online for reference to this and the only thing I can find are my own posts. If anyone knows what either of these two are or can point me to an online reference for plastic Space Guns from the 1990s I am all over it.




Calling this one a "Gizmo Gun" for now. Play the video at the end to see why.






"8102 Lica"




Some video.



No comments:

Post a Comment