Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tri-Ang SpaceX & Golden Astronaut "Mint On Card" Vehicles, June 5 2019


The grandpappy of it all: Gerry Anderson's Century 21 TV show rocket ships.


"Helicopter P3" My first Spacex vehicle as a carded example! Still sealed as of this July 2019 update.

Click here to access researcher Paul Vreede's mind-expanding website chronicling the legacy of this toy line. The twists & weaves is beguiling. Bookmark it, look over the rest of what I've got here, then go make some coffee. It can absorb the right mind for hours.



Golden Astronaut = GA = Gerry Anderson. Nice subtle little homage, or that's my take on it.


"Base Patrol Cricket" Hungry for a second one of these to surface so I can open one and shoot rockets at stuff.





A compromised example which I'd picked up previously. Cannon missing a piece, will not fire and does not stay upright. Still useful as a diorama pix subject.





Proper LP Toys markings.



"Explorer MEV2" The last carded Sx vehicle I've been able to justify the cost of. My thinking is $30 (US) shipped should be about right, add $10 - $15 if you go overseas. Golden Astronaut packagings about the same. So far all my Spacex units have come from Europe, the Golden Astronauts from US vendors.




Man I want that grabber arm ... Just lookin' at me.




Badass.


"Launch Site" Three vehicle set, and my first carded bit of Golden Astronaut packagings. Battered but complete, and opened by entropy over time. So its vehicles + astronauts are accessible, and the compromised vehicles in my collection used in artwork pieces. Card to be preserved as best as I can. Note Multiple Toymakers tag at upper left.


Will take care of it! Check the blog history for other Sx/GA acquisitions. 

Since composing this post the Big Three of my collecting passions has solidified: 1) Triang Spacex and its Hong Kong glory era legacy; 2) "Operation Moon Base" + the Marx Toys Apollo years releases; and 3) the Hing Fat "Space Bucket" style astronaut sets like I had as a kid ... Also have "Things" for funky offbeat off-brand diecast space type ground vehicles, inexpensive archaic looking plastic helicopters, and Space Tanks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment