Sunday, June 2, 2019

Nothing On This Blog Is For Sale

Thought it was worthwhile to note that unless very specifically stated, nothing I show on this blog is for sale. I am showing pieces which I have obtained for not just collecting purposes but to use as the departure point for artworks. Much of it photography based for now, but I do plan to start creating 3d type artworks which include some of the small rockets shown & a couple of spacemen. These are raw materials just as important as the paints, brushes, surfaces and framing supplies. And I don't want just anything, with my tastes as a collector now guiding which forms are obtained.


Typical range for me as a collector. Pre-1978, pre Space Shuttle. Hong Kong, Britain/Europe, Marx, Palmer/Lido, with an ongoing obsession with NASA's Manned Spaceflight program and in particular the Grumman Lunar Module. Plus whatever looks cool from those years. Like tanks, scuba divers, and obscure die cast space vehicles.


Eleven years old in 1978, pix by my mom who is an artist as well. Would like to re-stage the shot with a newly built kit if we could find a match for that checkered table cloth ...


I'm a Boxing collector, in that I keep my stuff boxed up unless in specific use. Plus obsessively wrapped in ziplock with bubble wrap when appropriate. I live to put my toys away, and enjoy re-arranging how they are boxed as much as just gazing at them.


Utica NY studio with New Old Stock items to ogle. Got tired of dragging them back & forth and risking mishap, which is why I tend to collect loose/out of the packet: I want to care for the toys not the packaging material, unless it's something really really special  ;]


Up to now most of my diorama shots are either done on a dresser in the bedroom with a marvelous green finish, or here on my desk using a DVD rack placed behind the computer screen as a stage. Here i'm ogling the Marx "Lunar Explorers" set, but when doing pix I'll first dress the surface up with some of the small rocks & pieces of brick kept on the desktop. Then select a vehicle or two, a few figures to add the Human Element, and shoot a few dozen images using a Macro lens setting to confuse the eye about scale.


Alternate Mint On Card wall at my Syracuse NY studio room in my dad's stylish basement. It has windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment