Monday, September 9, 2019

"Real Heroes" 1-Inch Gumball Machine / Bulk Vend Army Men Figures, Made In China




In case you skipped the video I've been pulling these things out of a gumball machine at a Price Chopper in Utica NY since April -- Header card shown above, including the as-yet unconfirmed claim of "6 colors of camo" to go with the "8 action poses" shown. To date I've scored examples of all 8 poses but am only seeing four colors of camo as likewise depicted on the header card. They go for $.50 cents each which accounts for my ongoing lack of quarters to use for scale comparisons.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who's found them elsewhere. Since childhood I've been fascinated by bulk vended toy forms, always pause for a minute to look at gumball machine racks on my way out of whatever business I'm visiting (highway rest area service buildings a favorite) and have not seen them anywhere else.


The eight poses using the standard-issue Army Man green "camo" as that's the only color I've found the Pistol Guy in. Cast in a soft rubber type material with hand-painted faces & hands, my favorite attribute of the series is how they are shaped in kid-friendly cherubic forms who are very heavily armed. The contradiction amuses me greatly.


Pistol Guy is my favorite.


Shotgun guy a close second.


US quarter for scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment