Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Ajax Plastic Spaceman & Spacewoman Figures, Early/Mid 50s, With Fitted Replacement Helmets




I may not be into pre-NASA space stuff that much but definitely have a "thing" for 1950s Ajax spaceman forms. My Spook Squad above has a newly acquired yellow dude and I coughed up on a set of replacement helmets to make sure he and the Mrs. (far right: note broken arm) get to breathe pure air wherever my photo based artwork with them may lead. Green guy at the back with the ring over his head is a Made in Hong Kong copy re-engineered to serve as a parachute jumper figure, chute long gone. 

Also worth noting that was only with this arrival that I learned first-hand how Ajax cleverly designed the figures to fit in either of two helmet forms, one facing forward (the yellow & black figures) and one to the side (the lady of the house). So I need one more of each pose to account for the other two helmets & am glad I'd held off until they'd arrived to make sure I don't have to go through scoring other helmets for mis-matched figures. And no, they won't fit on Archer spacemen either, though I'd kind of expected as much since the Archer & Glencoe figures I have are noticeably larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment