Monday, March 9, 2020

Four Inch LP Toys Style Spacemen (Or Clones Thereof) Late 60s/Early 70s?


I'd had my eye on these lads for a while & finally decided made it a priority to bring them home. There were four figures in all, the three in the front based on LP Toys spaceman poses and visible in the back row a large 4" sized Tim Mee Toys "Galaxy Laser Team" Chewbacca type. No information on them other than vintage: Chewie's likely an early GLT figure 1978-1980 (?), the three LP guys unknown upon initial encounter. My hunch based on appearance & wear to the bottom would be at least 1970 if not mid/late 60s. Around the same time as the larger sized MPC/Multiple Toymaker and Marx Apollo Astronauts were all the rage, or that's my guess. Vendor always has 133t warez so, they're likely as good as they get for examples of the form. Stoked to have em on board!


Just about four inches on the nose from base to helmet.


Yeah. Holy Grail item, or at least the form of it. I'm good.


Nice O2 packs, a weakness in MPC's 5" spaceman game: Too reliant upon parts which were inevitably damaged or lost. Like the Marx 6" figures these are good to go & haven't really aged a day. Guy took care of em and my use will be as photo subjects only when in need of larger figures.


No markings as they were described by the vendor, who referred to them as "clones". Which translates to me as unmarked possible copies of. I feel like a very lucky boy to have them whatever their story may be.

Click here to visit the Triang Spacex Golden Astronaut Toys website page on the subject of these four inch LP upsizers.


Just awesome however you stack it up.



I think the Rifle Guy is my favorite of em ... He's kind of the Straight Man in the act.




They all have the same face. They really are clones ...

No comments:

Post a Comment